A toothache or dental emergency can be very disruptive to your life. Many people claim that a toothache is the worst pain they have endured. A broken tooth may be embarrassing or make it difficult to eat comfortably.
No matter what type of dental emergency you might have, you can trust that the caring and skilled team at Southside Dental Center can help you!
Handling Dental Emergencies
The team at Southside Dental Center is equipped to handle a variety of dental emergencies, including:
- Lost or broken filings and crowns
- Cracked or broken dentures
- Toothaches, sensitivity issues, and dental infections
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Swollen or bleeding gums
- Knocked-out teeth
Not sure if your condition is an emergency? We still encourage you to call us right away. We can assess your situation so you can get relief, or possibly even prevent the tooth pain.
What kind of emergency treatment can I expect?
Dr. Abramowski will customize a treatment plan to your needs, but some of the more common treatments for dental emergencies include:
- Root canal treatment - This is often the first step in saving an infected or painful tooth from needing to be extracted. The infection is removed and your natural tooth is preserved.
- Extraction - If the tooth cannot be saved with a root canal, the tooth can be removed. Dr. Abramowski and his team can also discuss a variety of ways to replace the tooth, as well.
- Dental filling or crown – Dr. Abramowski may recommend a filling or crown to restore the natural shape of the tooth, if a portion is lost due to decay or fracture.
Preventing Dental Emergencies
Not all dental emergencies can be prevented. There are some instances where you may be able to prevent many toothaches, however. If you are able to treat decay or gum disease at earlier stages, the treatment is often less involved and painless compared to waiting for the tooth to start bothering you. If the cavity or gum disease is not treated early, it may progress to a significant problem in the future.
Staying consistent with your checkups at Southside Dental Center every six months, for preventative teeth cleanings and examinations, can also help you avoid dental emergencies. Contact our office today at (763) 295-5400 if you are experiencing any dental pain.