Many adults view the prospect of wearing orthodontic treatment as embarrassing and bothersome. This is mainly because until recently the only option we had for correcting misaligned teeth was bulky metal braces.
Today, updated technology and materials used at Southside Dental Center give us more practical options for straightening teeth than ever before.
The Health Benefits of Invisalign
If you think that your appearance is the only thing compromised by crooked teeth, you would be wrong. A crooked smile can damage your oral health by putting you at a higher risk for tooth decay and gum disease, not to mention poor self-esteem.
Treatment with Invisalign clear braces offers amazing results with minimal impact on your day-to-day life. Clear Invisalign aligners are smooth, easy to wear, and nearly invisible. In fact, they are so inconspicuous that most people will never notice you are wearing them!
Another thing our patients love about Invisalign is that you do not have to worry about the inconvenience of food restrictions. The clear aligners are removable, so just take them out before you eat and pop them back in when you are done. Invisalign treatment involves fewer visits to the dentist for adjustments, so you can continue to live your life uninterrupted by treatment.
The Invisalign Process
The process of getting Invisalign braces can be broken down into five steps:
- The Consultation: The first step on your journey to a straighter smile is a consultation with Dr. Abramowski at our Monticello dental office. During the consultation, Dr. Abramowski will perform a thorough examination to determine if you are indeed a good candidate for treatment with Invisalign.
- The Treatment Plan: Based on the information gathered during the evaluation, Dr. Abramowski will work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan. This plan not only establishes the length of time needed to see results, but it also details the exact movement of your teeth throughout treatment.
- Receive Your Aligners: With your treatment plan established, you will receive your new set of Invisalign aligners. Each aligner is made from smooth, clear plastic molded to fit comfortably against your teeth and gums.
- Move to a New Set of Aligners: Every three weeks or so you will switch the current set of aligners out for the next set as detailed in your treatment plan. With each new set of aligners you use, you will actually be able to see the progress you have made just by looking in the mirror.
- Show Off Your New Smile: Once you are finished with the final set of aligners, all that is left for you to do is go out and show off that beautiful new smile!
Please Call to Arrange an Invisalign Consultation
Dr. Abramowski is a certified Invisalign provider, so you can be confident that he has the training and qualifications necessary to ensure beautiful results. If crooked or crowded teeth are making you want to conceal your smile, give us a call. You will be surprised at how uncomplicated adult orthodontic treatment can be!